Friday, June 29, 2018

Recovery and Rejuventation

It certainly has been a long, long time since I have allowed myself the time to write.  The original reason I started writing was to help myself journey through my chaotic life with grace and gratitude.  It seems I have forgotten that it was through this writing, I am able to keep my sanity and my stress levels at a decent low level.  To say the past four months have flown by would be both true and false.  This past school year, my work life was extremely stressful and I am not seeing that changing with the new school year coming.  Four of us at my school came down with Shingles and if you know anything about Shingles, they are brought out by stress. Luckily, the Shingles are gone and summer is here.  It is time to recover from the school year and rejuvenate with the things and people I love.

Me and my mom June 2018
For the first time in a long time I was able to go away without worrying about my mom.  She is in a good place physically and mentally.  If there is any good point in this terrible disease it seems that this may be it.  She is happy.  She is well cared for and she is happy.  What more can I ask for other than to have her Alzheimer's free and taking part in our daily lives like a Great-Grandma should.  Since that isn't reality, then at least right now she is ok.

Since it is time for recovery and rejuvenation, I am not going to dwell on anything from the past months that was stressful.  I am only going to think of now and the future.  I am lucky my mom is still with me and I am going to try and enjoy all the time together we can share while balancing my daily life as a wife, mom, grandma, teacher, and individual person.

Get ready, you might be hearing from me quite a bit over this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment