Thursday, August 10, 2017

Harder Than I Thought

I am finding it much harder than I thought it would be, to write down all of the thoughts that bounce around in my head! I started this blog to be able to keep track of the memories I have about everything my mom told me and of my life with my mom.  I also wanted to add in my own stories so that my grandchildren someday have a place to learn about their great-grandma and their grandma.  I guess in the back of my mind I am just worried that I will also develop Alzheimer's and I will not be able to pass my stories onto my grand kids.

Being remembered by our family is the most important thing we can leave behind. Ironically, I feel I would rather make memories than accumulate 'stuff'.  However, if AD steals my memories, I guess I want them to live on for my family to have. Recently I had a choice to get my engagement ring repaired or to spend the money elsewhere.  I chose to spend the money on trips that can make memories. That's how I roll I guess.

I can't tell you how many times I have started a post and left it to write another one.  I want them to be focused on a topic and when I find that I start babbling,  I stop and start again.  Similar to how I teach my students with their writing. Don't babble.  Well, if I start to babble, feel free please to tell me that I make no sense....leaving me comments will help me become better at what I am doing. For now I am going to take a page so to speak from my Writer's Workshop book on Narrative Writing and begin to break down my topic (watermelon) into seed stories.  Then I believe I will have more focus for you.  


2 comments: