Monday, August 7, 2017

Welcome To My World! Living Life Without Regrets!

As we get older, we often look back on our life and think about all of the things we truly had wanted to do but just never took the time.  As I write this, I am reminded that the one thing I never did was to write a book.  Maybe I never wrote one because it takes me so long to make a decision about anything small, such as what to have for supper to anything larger, such as what flooring we should put in our kitchen. It has taken me at least an hour to choose the color and scheme for this blog. However, once I make a decision, I do stand by it without regret.  (Well, usually!)

This blog will afford me a way to destress from life's chaos as a wife, mom, grandma, and middle school teacher....but also because I am my mom's only lifeline to her past since she was diagnosed with Early On Set Alzheimer's Disease (AD) in her late 50's/early 60's.  My intent for this blog is to keep myself sane through the final stages of her AD and to put into writing the memories for her to pass down to her future generations, all of whom will not get to hear the stories from her lips. 

It will take me a little while to get the hang of 'blogging' here and I am sure I will need to edit over and over.  This is a new endeavor for me and I hope that I will improve as I share my stories.  I welcome feedback that is constructive and as long as it is, I will let comments be open.  

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you will return.  


No comments:

Post a Comment